1 cup coconut cream (I use the Ayam brand)
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp ghee
1/2-2 Tbsp of your choice of sweetener - I used 2 Tbsp of Lakanto, though you could use stevia, honey or maple syrup. Each sweetener has varying strengths and all tastebuds are different, so please add them to taste.
Optional add ins:
** If you want it a little thicker, add 1/2 tsp slippery elm OR a 1/4 tsp psyllium husk powder to thicken slightly.
** 2 tsp Changing Habits Colloidal Minerals once it was removed from the heat to darken the mix just slightly more.
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
2. Turn the heat on to the lowest it can be, so it begins to just gently simmer.
3. Allow to simmer for 30 or so minutes whilst stirring regularly, until it has reduced, thickened and the flavour has intensified. You can leave it to simmer at times, return, stir, and then leave again. As long as it does not boil, it should be fine.
4. Add in the optional Colloidal Minerals, or leave as is.
5. Either whisk well with a fork, whisk or spoon, or even better place in a blender to whiz just for a few seconds to combine well. This is to ensure the ghee mixes well with the coconut cream and there are no fat globules.
6. Taste the mix to ensure it is to your liking, and add more salt or sweetness if required.