Chocolate Panna Cotta
DAIRY FREE, NUT FREE, PALEO, SUGAR FREE, GUT LOVIN'
Decadent, smooth, light and creamy. Not only will it impress anyone you serve it up to, it'll be your go-to chocolate craving buster that you can eat for breakfast. It has been my absolute favourite for many, many years years and it will forever remain the same. When you use liquid stevia, it is suitable for those with gut issues, and with the added gelatin it will support the healing of your gut lining and the strength of your hair and nails. Could it get any more perfect...
2 Tbsp cacao powder
2 tsp gelatine
1/4 cup filtered water
1 270 ml can of coconut cream
1 Tbsp coconut oil
10-15 drops of liquid stevia, 1-2 Tbsp Lakanto or sweetener of your choice such as honey. Every sweetener and all taste buds are different, so ensure you do this to taste.
1 tsp vanilla essence or 1 vanilla bean
Pinch of salt
- Combine the gelatine and water and set aside for the gelatine to 'bloom'.
- Add to a saucepan or Thermomix all the other ingredients.
- Once the gelatine has bloomed (which means expanded and absorbed the water), add it to the saucepan or Thermomix. Heat on a low to medium heat (roughly 80 degrees Celsius) until the gelatine has dissolved and melted through, continually stirring.
- Taste the mix and ensure it is sweet, chocolatey or salty enough for you. Adjust anything to suit your taste buds.
- Give the mixture a 2 second whizz in a heat proof blender, or just use a fork or whisk to give it a good stir to ensure everything is well combined.
- Pour the mix into silicon muffin moulds or your choice of ramekins, glass jar, mugs or a lined cake tin with baking paper.
- Keep it plain, or drop in any preferred additions such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries or figs. If you would like to sit the fruit on top, you will need to allow it to set in the fridge for roughly 10 minutes first to set just slightly.
- Place in the fridge until firm enough to enjoy.
- Enjoy every decadent mouthful.