Gut Lovin' Coconut Lemon Slice
NUT FREE, PALEO, SUGAR FREE, VEGAN (optional)
Something to keep in your freezer constantly. It will provide building blocks for your gut lining, provide strength to your hair, nails and skin, and provide plenty of fibre to feed your good gut bugs and keep you satiated, It is so quick and easy, that it can it may quickly become a staple.
4 cups shredded coconut
4 tbsp collagen - Great Lakes or Bullet Proof here (if vegan or vegetarian, you can omit this and use another 1/2 cup of shredded coconut or 4 Tbsp of your chosen protein powder)
3 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
Juice & rind of 1 lemon (you can chop both ends of the lemon off, slice in half and remove the seeds, then just use the whole lemon!)
1 Tbsp Lakanto or sweetener of your choice such as honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
- Blend coconut on medium to high until it forms a coconut butter. Keep scraping down and re-blending if you have to. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Add everything except the collagen, and blend until well combined.
- Once all is well combined, add in the collagen and continue to mix through.
- Taste the mix and ensure it is as sweet and salty as you would like it!
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper, and scoop mix into the tin and flatten with your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Spread out evenly, place in freezer to set until it is firm enough to slice. Bring it out of the freezer 10-20 minutes before serving or until your desired consistency.
- You can keep this in your fridge thereafter,
- Enjoy, and take with you on life's adventures (work or play).