Pepper & Co. Seedy Crackers
GRAIN FREE, DAIRY FREE, KETO, NUT FREE, PALEO
These crackers are basically lifesaving. Not only because they are so good, though they are powerfully anti-inflammatory and are in fact anti-parasitic due to the pepita seeds, garlic powder and other potent ingredients. They are easy to make, and will amp up your cheese platter or boring old snack at 3pm!
2 cups pepita/pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp chia seeds
3 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp coriander seed powder
1 tbsp ghee, coconut oil or olive oil
1 pastured egg (may try a little more water to make it egg free, though this hasn't been tested)
2 Tbsp filtered water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Place the pepita seeds into a high powered blender and blend on high until ground down to a fine meal.
3. Add in the remaining dry ingredients, and blend just gently on low until all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Add in all the remaining ingredients and continue combining on low.
5. The mix will form a thick, sticky batter. Gather 2 large sheets (enough to roll out the mix to form crackers) of baking paper, and place the mix in the centre on one sheet of the baking paper on a flat surface.
6. Cover the mix with the other sheet of baking paper, and use a rolling pin (or a bottle of wine!) to roll out the mix until it is thin and as even as possible. You may need to use another piece of baking paper if it all doesn't fit into the one.
7. Once it is all flat, thin and even, remove the top sheet of baking paper, and place on a large baking tray if you do not mind roughly breaking the crackers apart with your hands once baked, OR, if you would like particular even shaped crackers, then use a knife to slice your preferred sized/shaped crackers. Leave the mix where it is, and do not try and separate the pieces, just keep them where they are with the slices, and they will easily separate/break apart once cooked. You may need to use 2 or more baking trays if you do not have large ones like I do.
8. Place in the oven for 17-25 minutes, or until browned and firm. The oil will come to the surface and look abnormal, though do not stress as once it cools this will settle.
9. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool. Once cooled, either pull apart the shapes you created, or break apart the slab into your desired sized pieces.