Salted Caramel Bliss Balls
Finally, completely sugar free bliss balls that are actually yum. These legit taste like salted caramel and I am so excited about them. They are gut friendly AND gut healing with the added collagen, and you can add some sneaky adaptogenic herbs too if you have them, I added 1 teaspoon of ashwaghanda and no one picked it!
1 cup macadamia nuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds meal (simply ground down sunflower seeds to a fine meal/flour)
1/2 cup collagen powder (I use the Bulletproof brand)
2 Tbsp ghee
2 tsps vanilla essence
2 pinches of salt
1 Tbsp your choice of sweetener, I use Lakanto. You could use honey, maple syrup, stevia powder or liquid stevia drops to taste.
Optional 1 tsp of Ashwaghanda powder
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celcius, and place the macadamia nuts on a baking tray, and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them as all ovens are different, so ensure they do not go too brown!
2. Place the toasted macadamia nuts in your blender, and on low speed blend them until they turn into a nut butter. You will need to stop blending and scrape down the sides, and then keep blending.
3. Place all of the remaining ingredients in the blender, and blend to combine.
4. Lay down some baking paper on a plate, container or small chopping board, and scoop out the mix into portions that you will eventually roll into balls.
5. Place in the freezer for roughly 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll into balls.
6. Once firm, remove them from the freezer, roll into balls, and then place back in the freezer to continue hardening.