Strawberries & Cream
3 cups cashews; soaked in filtered water and a dash of apple cider vinegar for 6-8 hours, OR ferment them for 24 hours in a combination of water and added (roughly 1/2 cup) coconut water kefir or coconut yogurt
1/2 cup coconut cream or coconut yogurt
1/2 cup water
1/4 coconut oil
3 tsp vanilla essence or one vanilla pod
3 Tbsp of Lakanto, stevia, or honey to taste
Pinch of salt
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup frozen or fresh chopped strawberries (or raspberries are great too, and I use the brand Oob Organic).
3 cups desiccated coconut
3 tbsp coconut cream (pure, no additives)
1/2 - 1 tbsp Lakanto, stevia, or honey to taste
1. Place the desiccated coconut into your blender and blend until as fine as you can make it.
2. Add of the remaining base ingredients into the blender and blend until well combined.
3. Line a springform cake tin with baking paper at the base, and then press down the base ingredients evenly.
4. Place in the freezer.
1. Blend all ingredients apart from the strawberries until extra creamy and delicious. Taste the mix to ensure the sweetness is to your liking.
2. Remove 1.5 cups of the mix and set aside.
3. Add the strawberries and blend until completely smooth, and pour over the base.
4. Allow to set for roughly 30 minutes, or until only slightly firm.
5. Pour the vanilla topping over the strawberry mix, and using a small knife, tooth pick, or end of a spoon, swirl the mix around so the strawberry and vanilla mixes somewhat combine and make a swirl effect. Create a pattern you like!
5. Place in the freezer to set, which may take roughly 2 hours. If it is completely solid, allow it to thaw slightly, and using a hot knife (run under hot water for 30 seconds), gently slice a piece.