'Even better for ya' Rocky Road
KETO, SUGAR FREE, DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, GAPS FRIENDLY
How could something possibly be so exciting? A Rocky Road that is seriously gut healing, good for your skin, detoxification, energy, will enhance your mood, and keep you satisfied for eternity (kinda).
Firstly you must make the items that need to set; the jelly and the marshy. These need to set in your fridge for 1-2 hours, so get started on these and then worry about the chocolate and macadamia nuts.
Use the jelly recipe that I use in the Raspberry 'n' Choc Jelly HERE. In the current recipe I used blueberries instead of raspberries, so you choose!
Note: this makes a fair amount, so you will have some leftovers to nibble on or make more Rocky Road in future!
3 Tbsp gelatin
2 cups water
1 tsp vanilla powder, 1 vanilla pod, scraped or 3 tsp vanilla essence
A little pinch of salt
3 Tbsp Lakanto, or 20 drops liquid stevia, or any other sweetener to taste.
1. In a saucepan, combine the gelatin and water, allow to sit until the water is absorbed by the gelatin.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
3. Heat the saucepan to a low heat, and then stir consistently until the gelatin has completely dissolved and it looks just like liquid.
4. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool to just above room temperature.
5. Place in your blender and blend on low to medium speed for 20 minutes, or until it is quite firm and fluffy, and resembles the below photo. If you have a Thermomix, I blended it with the butterfly inserted, on speed 4, for 20 minutes.
6. Line a flat container or tray thick enough for however thick you want your marshmallow, and then pour the mix in and smooth out with a spatula.
7. Place in the fridge to set, which may take 1-2 hours.
8. Once it has set, eat some! If some gelatin liquid has settled to the bottom and formed a jelly, as you are chopping into pieces for the Rocky Road, just slice that bit off. It happened to me the first time I made it, but I realised I needed to blend it longer which is why it is 20 minutes. All blenders/mixers will be different.
1 cup cacao powder
1 cup melted ghee, coconut oil or a mixture of both (if you have some cacao butter, add a 1/4 cup of that and the rest ghee/coconut oil)
2 tsp vanilla essence or 1 tsp vanilla powder
Pinch of salt
1. In a bowl, mix the ingredients together well until completely smooth, set aside.
2 cups macadamia nuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Place nuts on a flat tray and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Remove from the oven, and set aside to cool.
4. Chop into smaller pieces if desired, ready to add to Rocky Road.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Once the jelly and marshmallow are set, and the macadamia nuts are cooled, chop everything into pieces in the size that you desire.
2. Line a couple of loaf tins, or a large thick tray.
3. Scatter the different ingredients evenly in the tray(s), mixing them through so you get a a good combination in each bite!
4. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the ingredients, ensuring the top of the ingredient pieces are only JUST coated. Use your hands to mix everything through evenly.
5. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour, slice, and enjoy!