Paleo and sugar free, using ghee instead of butter. With every person who has their first mouthful, you watch them melt, and proceed to an 'oh...em...gee'. Impressively creamy, and simply the most divine ice-cream I have ever had. It is based from the original Bulletproof recipe adapted to make it suitable for those who do not tolerate butter, though tolerate ghee. Ghee has all the milk solids removed, so those intolerant to whey, casein and lactose, can enjoy ghee and therefore enjoy this ice-cream. If you'd like to make ghee, the recipe is HERE. Do not be fooled to think 'what's so good about a plain vanilla ice-cream'. This ice-cream does not. need. anything. It is perfect the way it is, so I like my serving plain, though you can spice it up how you like. Enjoy!
4 pastured egg yolks
4 whole pastured eggs
100 ml water
100 g melted coconut oil
40 g to 60 g of your choice of sweetener, I use Lakanto or liquid stevia drops to taste
50 g melted ghee
50 g melted cacao butter
50 g Brain Octane Oil (great for consistency, though if you do not have it, use a mix of extra ghee and coconut oil to match the extra 50 g)
2 tsp vanilla essence or 1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tbsp lime juice
Pinch of salt
1. Place all ingredients into your blender, and blend until well combined.
2. Taste the mix and ensure everything is to your taste. Stop yourself from sipping on the whole things. Okay, maybe enjoy at least a few spoonfuls.
3. Place in your ice-cream maker, and churn until it resembles thick, creamy ice-cream!
4. Serve immediately for a soft serve consistency, or freeze for another time, though make sure you plan in advance as it can take a while to reach a smooth consistency when it has been frozen for long periods of time.
5. Serve plain, or with your desired flavours such as strawberries, raspberries, roasted nuts and seeds, cinnamon, or I couldn't recommend more highly to pair it with my Salted Caramel Sauce.