The Hallelujah Loaf
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup pepita/pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tsp psyllium husk powder - you may omit this however it may not hold as well.
1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil (ghee gives it a beautiful flavour)
6 organic, pastured eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
Optional add ins: fresh or dried garlic, chilli, rosemary, turmeric, and/or olives.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Place all ingredients but the pepita and chia seeds into a blender or food pressor and blend until all is well combined. If you do not have a blender or food processor, then simply sift the dry ingredients into a bowl, mix through, and then combine with the wet ingredients.
3. Once all the ingredients are well combined, stir through the pepita and chia seeds gently.
4. Scoop the batter into a small loaf tin lined with baking paper or oil, and spread out evenly.
5. Bake it in the oven for 45 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
6. Served straight from the oven is heavenly, though otherwise store in the fridge and serve cold, warmed up, or you can toast this in the oven.