Mango Weis Bar
DF, PALEO, GRAIN FREE, SUGAR FREE, Optional KETO
'The best thing I've ever put in my mouth'... more than one admitted. A ridiculously healthy Weis bar exists. The combination of mango and macadamia nuts has always blown me away, so I have made this the last couple of years for Christmas and never had the chance to take a photo because it gets devoured by myself or loved ones. The last couple of months I have stepped it up a notch and completely cultured it so it is 100% sugar free and feeds you an outrageous amount of probiotics. Not one person picked up on the fact they were eating probiotics, and I have fed this to over 20 mouths. TICK!
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
1 Tbsp Lakanto, honey, maple syrup or liquid stevia to taste. For those that don't have access to Lakanto or liquid stevia, Natvia can be an option for those that are needing to avoid sugar completely.
2 cups mango (recommended option to be cultured in coconut water kefir, see below)
2 cups soaked cashews (recommended option to be cultured in coconut water kefir, see below)
1/2 cup coconut cream or coconut yogurt (see below)
5 Tbsp coconut oil
3 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Lakanto, honey, maple syrup or liquid stevia to taste. For those that don't have access to Lakanto or liquid stevia, Natvia can be an option for those that are needing to avoid sugar completely.
1 cup macadamia nuts
1. Fermented mango, cashews, and coconut yogurt option:
I use the Kultured Wellness cultures, which you can get 10% off by entering SHERIDANWILLIAMSON at the checkout. I recommend the coconut water kefir and coconut yogurt starters.
Add the mango to one jar and the cashews into another, and cover them both with the above coconut water kefir. Cover the jar with an airtight lid, and allow to sit for 24 hours, or until they become slightly fizzy and a lot less sweet. The hotter the weather, the faster they will ferment.
Once both fermented, you can store these in your fridge until you are ready to make the cake, or immediately strain out the kefir with a strainer, and set ingredients aside and follow onto step 2.
Use the coconut yogurt from the above instead of coconut cream for the filling ingredients if you like.
Why ferment these ingredients? This removes all the sugars, and makes them highly digestible. It increases the nutrient content dramatically and creates a probiotic rich supercake.
Standard option: Soak the cashews in water for 6-8 hours (overnight or through the day), and then continue onto step 2.
2. Add all base ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until fine and well combined. Line a medium cake or loaf tin with baking paper, and add the base ingredients. Press the base mix down firmly and evenly with your hands, pressing so it remains in tact. Place in the freezer.
3. Wash the blender, and add all the filling ingredients and blend on high until completely smooth. Have a taste and ensure ingredients suit your tastebuds. Pour the mix on the base ingredients and spread out evenly. Place in the freezer.
4. Whilst the cake is freezing, in a medium to low heated pan, add your macadamia nuts and stir frequently until they are well toasted, crunchy and delicious.
5. Once semi-frozen, sprinkle the macadamia nuts on top of the cake. Continue freezing until firm enough to slice.
6. When serving, remove from the freezer 10-20 minutes beforehand to ensure it is not too frozen. It is absolutely divine when it becomes creamy again when softened.